Skip to content
PROCEDURE FOR EVACUATION OF THE CENTRE IN THE EVENT OF FIRE OR OTHER EMERGENCY
- In the event of fire or other emergency the alarm is to be sounded by breaking the glass at one of the a larm points. All teachers are to be familiar with the position of these points. They are at all exits and other strategic locations in corridors.
- The alarm will be a continuous ringing.
- Teachers and assistants responsible for classes or groups will evacuate the building in the following manner:
- Lead your class or group to the nearest convenient exit, preferably the exit through which you entered. Close doors behind you.
- Children must walk to the assembly point which is in the main car park.
- When the assembly point is reached, a register is taken. Should any child be missing notify the administrator in charge and a search will be made. The children will be the responsibility of the class teacher and will not be released to their parents (even if they be teachers at the institution) until further instructions are given.
- Classes/groups must remain at the assembly point until further instructions are given.
- Administration staff to collect the registers from the office and take them to the assembly point.
- No clothing or personal belongings to be collected before leaving the building.
- Make sure that all exits are kept clear at all times.